The following message is issued from the Chairperson of the Political Action Committee concerning the effort to save the Carver Road community:
Thanks you. Your calls and letters have helped. But we need to keep the pressure on. The Prince William NAACP Political Action Committee requests your help by contacting the Prince William County Board of Supervisor members (PWCBOS) and urge the Supervisors to support the Carver Road residents and not allow Dominion Energy to run their power lines through Carver Road. Send your letter now! Click HERE to send your email.. Then join us on Tuesday, 18July!
Send the Prince William County Board of Supervisors an email urging them to support the Carver Road residents and the Alliance to Save Carver Road. Click HERE to send your email..
Visit our FACEBOOK page! Send this to your friends!
The State Corporate Commission (SCC) has given Dominion Energy authority to run power lines through Carver Road in the Gainesville area to service Amazon’s CEO Jeff Bezos, the $80 billion dollar man. Click HERE to send your email.
There were two proposed routes for these power lines when discussions started in 2014: 1- Hybrid I-66 (along I-66 ) where the lines would be underground, 2- Railroad Route ( Haymarket ) then at the end of last year they decided to add 3- The Carver Route (Carver Road/Old Carolina Rd). Click HERE to send your email.
The majority of the residents who live on Carver Road are the descendants of freed slaves. These properties have been passed down through generations. They Do NOT want these power lines in the Carver Road area. The power lines would affect homes, buildings, schools, churches. Yes, it would even affect the 140 year old black church, Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church.
The most suitable route that would not disturb homes would be the Hybrid I-66 Route. Click HERE to send your email.
Black neighborhoods are often targeted for eminent domain land grabs, as in the 1960 and 70’s when Black neighborhoods were ravished. Thousands of Blacks were left devastated by court orders demanding they move out of their ancestral homes.
American citizens expect to be able to keep the land and homes that they have built for themselves and their families. They deserve the security that what they have worked so hard for during their life time, will not be stolen at a whim.
There is too much history at stake to destroy the family homes on Carver Rd. These homes have been passed down through generations for the over 150 years. Click HERE to send your email.
- I’m supporting the Carver Road Community and want the SCC and Dominion to pick another route
- You voted in support of removing the Carver Rd route option at the June 1 Board of Supervisors meeting
- We now need you to protect Carver Rd
- You were a party in the case and then you withdrew
- You’re not off the hook, you represent the Carver Rd residents, please figure out a way to help
- This community is just as important as a misplaced data center
- This is not only affecting the western end of the county, this is a Prince William County issue
- Not too many communities go back to slavery, in the county or in state of VA
- The Washington Post is doing another article, how do you want to be represented?
- You have an opportunity to help, we expect you to do something
!!!TAKE ACTION!!! Click HERE to send your email.
We will hold a press conference and speak to the PW Board of Supervisors on Tuesday, 18JULY at 1:30pm Please Join Us!!
1 County Complex Ct
Woodbridge, VA 22192
For more information see these articles
[NOTE: The SCC announced Friday, 14July, that it will reconsider its decision to allow the route of a set of Dominion Energy power lines to cut through land near Haymarket. Read here.
Thanks & Regards……….?